Labor Day weekend project... and another mod done......

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Labor Day weekend project... and another mod done......

Post by YBajaSteve »

Was easier than expected. I like the results. :) Pics on Car coming soon, gotta go out and install them.... :) Imagethe before photo
the after photos!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Labor Day weekend project... and another mod done......

Post by Snorkeled »

I really like the way that looks ! Take a picture of them on the Baja when your finished please :D
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

yeah that will be a couple more days cuz im working on the grill and then a lil fog light mod too :)
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Sweet Deal !! Cant wait to see how it turns out !!
El Duche
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by El Duche »

Looks great :wink: ! Where did you get the film? Thanks.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

I got the film on eBay. It was pretty easy to do, but I definatly had to use a blow dryer to heat up the vinyl so it would form around the curves of our headlights. it was cheap too, i think about 25 for both headlights and fogs
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

Can this pass the Virginia Safety Inspection?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

I dont know exactly what you are asking as far as the VA saftey inspec. My newest Pics are at the bottom of the second page on my Cardomain, and then I have a new one in the Baja pics thread here. But the only film i have on my truck now is the yellow on the fogs, and i just had it inspected with out any problems from the tech who inspected it. He also didnt say a word about my side marker lights that I think you had asked about before.

If youre asking about the blacked out headlight mod in general, I dont know why it wouldnt pass inspection, the headlights are still at stock output, and the blinkers and running lights are still DOT compliant yellow so I have no idea why it wouldnt be legal. and frankly i dont care. I dont plan on being in VA forever, Im only here serving a military obligation and then Im getting far away from the east coast!!!! Where I grew up I didnt even know what a vehicle inspection was. :) I cant wait to get away from NoVA!!!! :)
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

I was asking about the side marker lights. Between your Side Marker Lights, LED Tailights, Yellow Fog Lights, maybe the VA inspections aren't too strict.

Also, as to how can I disable my DRLs? I have the single bulb 2003 Baja Sport.

I think Scoobymods said to cut the black/blue wire, but I am afraid to cut it until I know for sure that's how to disable the DRLs and wont break something else.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Heres my front end finished for now. I still have plans for some mesh inserts in there somewhere!
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Well he did make me take out my LED reverse lights and put regular bulbs back in, since my white/clear LED's "are'nt DOT compliant" I was bummed. but yeah and i had to trim tint off the strip i have on my windshield. got it done and had my inspection done. its just suprising to me whats not legal in this state. i mean seeriously, why are LED reverse lights, that are white/clear, just like regular bulbs, legal? they only go on when im in reverse and my LED's are brighter and thus safer!!! eh whatever, i popped them back in after i got my sticker, i just need to remember to switch em back out next year! :)
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

davecoon13 wrote:I think Scoobymods said to cut the black/blue wire, but I am afraid to cut it until I know for sure that's how to disable the DRLs and wont break something else.

I made a thread back when i did it stating it worked for those of us with single bulb units so anyone interested wouldnt be worried about cutting the wire. I would advise cuting it far enuf away from the harness that you could splice a wire back in there to make it back to stock if need be. I didnt think of that untill after the fact.....

http://scoobytruck.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1072
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

So just to confirm, if I cut that wire, DRLs disabled but Low/High Beams, Fog Lights, blinkers, etc. Still work?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

everything works just as before, you just have no DRL's. Its kinda scary but worth it IMO. just do it so its reversible if you dont like the outcome
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

there are a whole bunch of white plugs under the dash, which one again controls the DRLs? When I tried this 2 years ago I found the right one and unplugged it, but it disabled everything because that was before the thread came out explaining how to disable DRLs on Single Bulb units like my 03 Baja Sport. So I plugged it back in some 2 years ago. Now that I want to try to cut the black/blue wire, I want to be darn well sure I have the correct wire before I cut it.

Where is the plug exactly?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT