FINALLY Upgraded cuz its been a while (tires + stereo)

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

FINALLY Upgraded cuz its been a while (tires + stereo)

Post by YBajaSteve »

FINALLY got my General Grabbers. They look sooo aggressive on my truck.

and after having all my speakers but one stop working, I deceided it was time to upgrade, (and match my blue dash) So ultimatly I was forced to run all new speaker wire, wich was a pain! but after the Pioneer head unit and Kenwood speakers, I love it!

Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
beancountertx
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: FINALLY Upgraded cuz its been a while (tires + stereo)

Post by beancountertx »

Cool stereo! Which model number is it? Does it hold more than one CD? Been thinking of replacing the factory one-random feature doesn't work on burned cd's.
You must be the change you want to see in the world.-Gandhi
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Snorkeled »

Very Nice !! I like the way it turned out !
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

beancountertx wrote:Cool stereo! Which model number is it? Does it hold more than one CD? Been thinking of replacing the factory one-random feature doesn't work on burned cd's.

It only holds one CD. It has built in bluetooth and sat radio capabilities. The bluetooth was my main selling point, and of course it has an AUX input so i can rock my mp3's. I installed the mic for the bluetooth on the top of my A pillar, and when im talking to people on it, they say it sounds perfect, Its nice to be able to listen to music as loud as i want, but when someone calls, it switches to the call and the callers name pops up on the receiver. Im very happy with it so far.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Nice stereo and tires! I just upgraded my stereo as well to match my dashboard light change. lol I think saw that radio at a store near me at Car Toys. I liked it but was too expensive for me. I mean, I have been laid off for over 2 years now. :( That did seem like a great radio! I looked at it a few times in the store. :mrgreen:
I ended up going with a Kenwood. Just holds one CD but my iPod connects to the back and is hidden so it's pretty nice. I usually only listen to my iPod anyway so it works out. [smilie=bunny.gif]
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

Yeah I wanted to actually have a nice stereo in my vehicle for the first time, so I spent a little more, I bought it online new for like 280. And the kenwood speakers were half the price on this website here!! as they were when i looked around on crutchfield.com Im Glad i went with Sonic's website, very fast shipping and good customer support, and very nice prices!!!!!
heres my headunit - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_133 ... 000BT.html
and heres the speakers i went with - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_179 ... 1362S.html
The Distance
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by The Distance »

Steve,

Where did you get a sunglasses bin (below the 2-DIN stereo receiver) that came in black rather than silver?
The Distance
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by The Distance »

I believe the answer to my own question is that you have the Sport and not the Turbo?
sc00ter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by sc00ter »

I finally did a stereo in mine also. Got a USB drive Pioneer head unit, component speakers in the front, coaxels in the rear doors and a amp/10" sub in the rear "access hatch" area. Will try and post pics because I have to make the sub box "fit" behind the rear seat, and that will probally turn some of you off from this route. Sounds great so its worth the trouble. That double din is smooooth looking in your dash!
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

The Distance wrote:I believe the answer to my own question is that you have the Sport and not the Turbo?

sorry, missed your question, yeah since i have the sport with the cloth interior, my HVAC and all that is in black. i dont know if its just the turbos that have silver or if its a leather thing :D